Local, Regional and National Surf Resources
Wave Forecasting Links
Use these links to help you figure out when, where, and how big the surf is going to be.
- Carolina Buoy Data – This site has just about every buoy along the Carolina Coast to forecast with.
- National Hurricane Center – All the information you need to forecast a good tropical swell.
- Wunderground Tropical Updates – Wunderground tropical updates and information.
- Hurricane Tracker – Great site to follow all the Hurricane activity.
- SNC Marine Forecast – Wunderground marine forecast for WB area.
- Local Weather Forecast – Very detailed local weather for WB.
- Buoyweather 2 Day Forecast – Only two days but still good.
- Swell Info – One of my favorites to use for all around forecasting.
- NOAA Wrightsville Beach Tides – Every high and low tide you need.
- CORMP Buoy Data – Great buoy data for local wave forecasting.
- Frying Pan Tower – A cool site for Frying Pan Tower and few other buoys nearby.
Live Surf Cams
Other live cams of interest.
- EiLiveSurf.com – Local surfing website from Emerald Isle, NC. Live cam, live weather, daily photos, and surf report.
- AbLiveSurf.com – Local surfing website from Atlantic Beach, NC. Live cam, live weather, daily photos, and surf report.
- Wblivesurf.com – The best local surf report for Wrightsville Beach, NC. 4 surf reports, daily photos, live HD Surf cam, live weather, and community news 365 days a year.
Other Surf Reports
- Rovercam Costa Rica – Daily photos and reports from Hermosa Beach, Costa Rica.
- East Coast Surf – Live cam of Atlantic Beach, NC and lots of other surf reports for our region.
- Surfchex – Local site with several live cams.
- Surfline – Tons of surf cams and links.
- Bali Waves – Probably one of my favorite surfing sites on the other side of the world.
- Ocean Isle, NC – Big Joe has done it now. Great live surf cam for Ocean Isle Beach. Stop by Salty’s Surf Shop for all you surf goodies while down there.
- Folly Surf Cam – Live surf cam of the Wash Out at Folly Beach.
- Surfside – Good site for South Carolina.
- Cardiff, CA – Hansen surf shop live surf cam.
- OBX Surf Info – Great site for the Outer Banks surf information.
- Carolina Beach – Carolina Beach Surf Cam courtesy of Hot Wax Surf Shop.
- 2nd Light, FL – Great site for Cocoa Beach Florida.
- Australia Surf Cams – Tons of cams for Australia waves and surfing.
- Ocean City, NJ – 7th Street NJ live surf cam.
- Kill Devil Hills, NC – Cool site for the Outer Banks surf scene.
- Holden Beach, NC – Nice report from Holden Beach, NC.
- New York Longboarder – A strictly Longboard surfing website from New York with a daily surf report.
- Daily Stoke – Cool site with interviews, vids, and much more.
This should give you just about every site that has local, regional, and national contest information.
- CNC/ESA – E.S.A. Central North Carolina district. Great people, great contests, and good times.
- SNC/ESA – E.S.A. Southern North Carolina district. Local contest info, results, and standings.
- OBX/ESA – E.S.A Outer Banks contest info, results, and standings.
- ASP World Tour – Official site of the Association of Surfing Professionals. Great site to keep track of local hero Ben Bourgeois and all of your other favorite pros.
- NSSA – Official site of the National Scholastic Surfing Association.
Other Great Links
These links are of other resources for our local community.